Directorate of Investigations
- Receive or initiating and investigating allegations of corrupt practices;
- Considering whether investigations are needed in relation to an allegation and if so, any investigation must be carried out;
- Taking measures for prevention of corruption in public and private bodies and;
- Doing anything that the commission is required or authorized to under the Act or any other law.
- Register and evaluate complaints from whistle-blowers;
- Inform whistle-blowers regarding the commission's decision on a reported complaint;
- refer complaints to other institutions and obtain feed back;
- Investigate cases approved by the Director-General(DG);
- Provide investigation findings and recommendation thereof to the DG;
- Prepare and forward prosecution dockets to the Prosecutor-General (PG); and
- Manage criminal matters earmarked for prosecution up to conclusion.